Monday, December 24, 2012

Large Ginkgo Leaf Earrings CRAW

Last time I showed you some little Ginko Leaf Earrings, and I enjoyed making them so much I decided to try a larger pair with an extra row of cubic right angle weave (CRAW).  They are very see-through.
Here you can see how big the new fans are in comparison to the old ones. Big leaf:
Little leaf:
It's a big size difference, that one extra row.  But since they're so lacy, they're still light enough to be comfortable.
Since I've been on an earring spree lately, I thought I'd make some DNA earrings.  First is a pair in silver and aqua blues include two faceted green amethyst on each earring.  The coloring of the base pairs uses the sequence recognized by the enzyme SbfI, which is found in the microorganism Streptomyces sp. BF-61. Streptomyces is the largest antibiotic producing genus of bacteria, producing antibacterial, antifungal, anti-parasitic drugs.
The base pair sequence shown in each earrings is a palindrome, reading the same forward as backwards, specifically,
CCTGCAGG
GGACGTCC
The faceted green amethyst are the T or the A, depending on you choose to label them.

The next pair don't have any color coding on the base pairs.
They match the DNA Tetrahedron I showed you a few weeks ago.  I made the first earring as a sample for the tetrahedron, and I just got around to making the second earring.  It was very satisfying to to get that big pile of seed beads cleared off of my mat, finally. 
Want them?  You are in luck because these pieces are for sale.   Click the photos to go to the listings.   Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. amazing earrings!
    Merry Christmas :-)

    Zdenka

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing at the size change! I love both of them, and your color choices are beautiful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Ginko leaf earrings are lovely. Great color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...