Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Faux fur for warm hats and Halloween costumes

If you were thinking of making a faux fur hat from my latest hat pattern, but didn't know where to find faux fur, I put some pieces of fur in my shop to make it easy for you. These are remnants from other projects, but the pieces are ample for hat making, with enough left over for a tail. Stay warm and cozy this Halloween!!! 

This is a delectably soft piece of gray and white faux fur, a large remnant from an animal costume I made. I have also made several hats from the fur, and I love it.
This is a delectably soft piece of black, blue and white faux fur, a large remnant from a coat I made for my boyfriend.  I've also made several hats from this fabric.  It's really nice stuff. The pile is two length: 1 and 1 3/4. This is very good quality fur, better than most, and has proven to stand up to repeated (cold water) washings.
This is a delectably soft piece of black faux fur, a large remnant from a coat I made.  The pile is medium long at 1 1/2.  The last  photo shows me wearing a hat with the same fur in purple. The fur for this listing is black. The fur goes by the name "punky muppet."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...