Friday, January 22, 2010

Beaded Beads with Golf Balls and Tennis Balls



My boyfriend drilled some golf balls and tennis balls for me so I could weave them into beaded beads.  The top one with just golf balls is an Octahedral Cluster, and the one with tennis balls too is a Double Rose Window.  These are big and heavy!  What I learned: Weaving with large heavy beads is a heck of a lot harder than weaving with itty bitty beads.  Gravity is not my friend here.  Using a big bowl to hold my work in progress is very helpful.

13 comments:

  1. This idea fascinate me and it's very funny! Fantastic "bead"work! ;-))
    Many greetings,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Nicki for your comment. I think that anything with a hole is technically a bead, so these still count ;)
    Cheers,
    gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool and hilarious too! What did you use for thread?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fishing line... Ugly Braid 50lb tess and Fireline 8lb tess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really great! ... fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! Great for Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! these might be fun for an article in a magazine. the math is very impressive, and the beadwork is great!
    Mary A

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too much fun!! I love this idea. You go Gwen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...