Thursday, January 31, 2013

Beaded flower pots and our old logo

In the Spring of 2005, I was hanging out with Florence, trying to figure out this whole "beaded bead thing." Fiddling with my needle, I said, "Mine looks like a flower pot." She handed me a bag of pressed glass flowers, and said, "Here are flowers."
We used these photos originally on our very first logo.   Here's our logo, before we got our domain name beAdInfinitum.com.  That font is Parisian, and my brother rejected it outright, saying that any font that comes with Adobe Illustrator is too common for any self respecting artist to use.  I still kind of like it, sort of, but since he knows way more about graphic design that I do, I took his word for it.  
The idea with the flower pots was that they were an infinite array of pots, all lined up, but you could only see a few in the middle.  That's why they're cut off on the edges.  They represented beads forever, or in latin, beads ad infinitum, or just bead infinitum. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love directions for those flowerpots! Are they available somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy. I'm afraid there are no instructions for this piece. I'd have to redesign it for sure. It has way too many size 15/0 seed beads in key places.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...