Sunday, September 13, 2015

Acrylic Painting on Canvas -- Pixel Painting I, Water Lilies

 Cellular Automata Art
This acrylic painting is from my new series "Pixel Paintings." In this series, I explore the designs created with cellular automata. This painting is the first large piece in the series, although I did several smaller pieces to get my technique. This series will have at least four large paintings, hopefully more.
 Cellular Automata Art
In this series, I am trying to achieve a sense of rhythm, repetition, order and chaos. I am trying to create a balance between organic and geometric.
 Cellular Automata Art
Each pixel has many layers of paint, making the colors rich and complex. The colors are mostly greens and blues, but there are lots of warm colors in there for depth and contrast. I had been working with beads on similar designs, but found that I wasn't getting the depth and variety of color I wanted.  So I switched to paint.  Also, I wanted to make it big enough for a wall, and size 11/0 seed beads just weren't big enough. 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/247938910/
20" by 30", unframed. The sides are painted dark gray so it doesn't need a frame.
Cellular Automata Art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...