Thursday, August 13, 2015

Cats with Knots Quilt and Beaded Celtic Knot Earrings

I've been playing with fabric recently, and found a stack of unfinished quilt tops in a drawer. I used to quilt before I found beads. My quilt UFOs have been stashed away since I started beading in 2004. I decided to finish one into a quilt. It's called "Cats with Knots," although this section is more of a knot with some cats.  The quilt has more knots and more cats, all in fully saturated colors like you see here. 

I was inspired to make this quilt after I wrote a paper on the topology of Celtic knot designs with Blake Mellor. In this example, the knot is square with side length 3.  So, by Theorem 1 in the paper, it has 3 components.

The knot design in the quilt is the same knot that I beaded years later and wrote about in my first tutorial on beaded Celtic knots
https://www.etsy.com/listing/174859574/tutorial-beaded-celtic-knot-earrings-and

I need to hang the quilt to get a good picture of the whole thing, but I will, eventually. Then you can see more cats and more knots!

1 comment:

  1. I like quilts, but I am really glad you found beads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...